Forums ePic Character Generator Technical Discussion Bug Report Download Looping Problems -SOLVED

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Night Sage
    Participant

My download is looping through the same files:

Verifying packages integrity
      Downloading missing or corrupted packages
      char_huma
      char_hufe
      char_elma
      char_elfe
      char_orma
      char_anma
      char_anfe
      Verifying packages integrity
      Downloading missing or corrupted packages

LBandy
      Keymaster

Sorry to hear this has happened to you. Redownloading and running the installer should solve this issue: http://epicgenerator.net/index.php/get-the-program

Please let us know how you get on.

Night Sage
        Participant

I am sorry to say that I am still experiencing this issue after re-downloading the installer.

LBandy
          Keymaster

Well, reinstalling the application makes sure that you are running the latest executable, so my bet would be that the installation directory is not writable by the software without admin rights. The safest solution would be to uninstall the software completely (then make sure that no files left in the installation directory), then installing it again (same place is fine), and let the software download everything itself. The main issue is that there are less files in the installer now, and these old files are not deleted when you reinstall the app. Because they are protected files from the previous installation they can not be updated by the app itself at the moment. If they were downloaded by the program then it will be able to update them later on.

Night Sage
            Participant

After making sure everything was deleted, and even trying to install it in a different location, I am still experiencing the issue.

LBandy
              Keymaster

That’s very strange. What OS are you running on? Can you start the program and wait until the download loop happens? A log file is being written while the app is running, and is located in c:/Users/_username_/AppData/Roaming/ePic Character Generator/logs/epic_timestamp.log. If you quit the software this will be deleted, so make sure you grab it before you exit. Could you send it to us please to [email protected]?

Night Sage
                Participant

I am running Windows 7. I went looking for epic_timestamp.log, and it is not located where you mentioned. While I type this response, I have the program running, and as usual it is still looping.

Though earlier today, It got passed the loop, but the moment I tried to do anything, it crashed. Would you like me to send the .dmp file that was created as a result of the crash? There are also two .txt files which is the “session_year_month_day_hour_minute_second” located in the same folder, could those be of any help?

LBandy
                  Keymaster

Yes, please do send them over. Are you saying these files are in the installation directory under the logs folder?

Night Sage
                    Participant

Yes, that is where the information was located. Noticed it when I went into the directory to see if there was something useful in there. Glad I found it. The e-mail has been sent.

Night Sage
                      Participant

Okay, I took a look into the session log myself, and noticed the file extensions that are trying to be opened. The program is trying to open .lbp files from the /dat folder, but looking through the folder all I see are .lba files. so the program is literally trying to open files that don’t exist. Would changing the file extensions fix the issues, or would that cause more problems?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.