Forums ePic Character Generator Technical Discussion Bug Report Colors – exported different from work window

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    den2k
    Participant

Hi, I noticed that the aura of my new evil wizard looks a good bright red in the software window, while the export is almost grayish.

Here’s the exported one, I assure that over the browser, over the windows visualizer and XnView (a trusted visualizer I use for work too) it apperas grayish/red.
      EvilMage.png

Here the screenshot of what appears in my ePic window. I left the color selectors visible.
      Bugcolori.png

I can’t attach the .lbd -_-

LBandy
      Keymaster

Thanks for reporting, that indeed looks odd! I’ll take a look into what could cause this issue, as we’re using the same technique for displaying on the screen as we do while exporting the image.

den2k
        Participant

Ok I tried tarring and bzipping it, maybe Gandalf the extension control will let it pass

den2k
          Participant

Here I double/triple post, it happens the same with my poor Falathiel. Here the relevant files

lbd file:

Exported:
            Falathiel-2-3.png

Workspace:
            bugcolori2.png

Kelemelan
            Participant

looks odd, indeed. just for the record : no such issue on my end. 🙂

LBandy
              Keymaster

Do you see the differences on the images uploaded here? Can you give it a go, download the lbd, load it up and compare the image shown in editor and the exported one on your machine with the same items?

den2k
                Participant

Againg with my own lbds?

LBandy
                  Keymaster

Nope, it was meant for Kelemelan, as he said he don’t seem to have this issue. 🙂

Kelemelan
                    Participant

No, I don’t (in ePic they are identical, can’t export them, keep reading 🙂 ) but if I load den2k’s lbd, I end up facing a different issue which is kind of odd. 😛

Once I load Falathiel’s lbd, I can see her correctly but from then on, my ePic just won’t export any lbd file to png, including completely new characters.

Well, luckily, this is not completely true, if I load one of my own lbd files it looks like this breaks this vicious cycle and I can export to png again. But my guess is there’s something wrong with den2k’s lbds or maybe with the way my ePic is understanding them. 🙂

LBandy
                      Keymaster

Loading an lbd would cause the program to be in the same state as you were selected each item manually, so it shouldn’t affect Export at all. You mean it can’t export, so after clicking the Export button nothing happens, or the saved image is somehow stays empty?

Kelemelan
                        Participant

Well, the technical stuff is beyond my ken but I tried to save everything in the same (more or less empty) directory and the lbd files were there but the png files just never showed up. They weren’t garbled or wrong, they just weren’t there until I decided to load one of my own lbd file created by me, prior to loading Falathiel.lbd (and other ghost lbd I created to test the issue in the mean time). Then, things went back to normal in a jiffy :).

LBandy
                          Keymaster

It’s very interesting. I’ve just loaded up said lbd and exported it fine. If writing to the given directory didn’t happen, there could be some permission issues, but as you’re saying, you use it as a regular output directory for the program, and it worked straight away with a different character, then this shouldn’t be the case (well, at least in theory). I would be interested to learn what’ve happened there. 🙂

Kelemelan
                            Participant

Actually, it worked ok, with old characters and an old file of mine.

All new characters I was trying to create had the same problem : I could save them but I couldn’t export.

Indeed, maybe it’s a permission issue. 🙂

I’ll keep an eye on that trend. 😉

LBandy
                              Keymaster

Let me know if you found a solid way to reproduce this, so I can take a look. I’ve managed to experience this only once in my testings since yesterday, but I hope it will happen again so I can trace it down.

Regarding the color issue, I’ve found a workaround which exports the colors exactly the same way as you see them in the editor. I’ll include this fix in our next patch, which will come with some additional Pro features.

Kelemelan
                                Participant

Yesterday, all I had to do to reproduce this was to load den2k’s character (or one of mine created post loading that one) and I was stuck until I decided to load some older lbd file of mine which solved the issue every time I tried.

And I tried that twice.

Don’t have much more info, though, basically everything I could observe is in this message. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.