Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    kalnaren
    Participant

Not sure if possible, but adding the ability to change the transparency on a layer would be cool. It’s doable outside the software but difficult, since you have to isolate the thing you want to change from the rest of the image.

Kelemelan
      Participant

Any copyright issue or such legal stuff on that point ?

open ps. duplicate layer (f7), set the background layer invisible, and making the transparency of the second layer. or i misunderstood something?

Kelemelan
        Participant

Nope, I’m usually doing stuff like that with GIMP, but kalnaren finds this unwieldy, plus there’s this 72dpi pain in the *** 😉 😛

kalnaren: its doable, but its not clean which item you want set the transparency?

kalnaren
          Participant

A few of the clothing items for example look like they could be made of silk, and having whatever piece of clothing or armour they’re layered on top of show through slightly would add the to visual appeal of the characters, particularly if your overlaying say a really bright sash on top of a darker piece.

I’m already doing it outside the program anyway by exporting numerous images with various things on them, then photochopping them together as required. Like Kelemelan said, it’s just unwieldy, particularly for for someone like me with little to zero know-how in graphics programs.

GIMP, while I use it, I find a particular PITA to accomplish things in.

Kelemelan
            Participant

I’m pretty sure It’s all about what you’re used to. I was used to the older photoshops but the more recent versions are a pain to me. 😉

Kelemelan
              Participant

For the records, any specific reason why there are blue horses in ePic ? smurf stuff ? 😛

the silk is more reflective, it does not change with transparency, but i got what you mean. on the tights for modern female have from 10to 100% strongness.
                making postwork is more easy, but when i see it would look like nice in transparent, i make originally as transparent (few wings, few accesories, etc).

BuT: if you have any gfx related question, i am gladly answer. If you dont stick to GIMP (what is free), you can switch to Photoshop (the CS2 version is also FREE).

Kelemelan
                Participant

I’m using several linux systems so, if only for the sake of convenience, I’ll stick to the most compatible softs 🙂

Now, I’m still using some photoshop versions on some comps but I have to say I’m more proficient with krita or gimp. 🙂

kalnaren
                  Participant

I started fumbling my way through GIMP years ago in Linux. I use it on Windows now, though (which is funny as the program retains a lot of its Linux heritage, and it’s noticeable in places).

CS2 isn’t free. The license servers are offline but it’s still licensed software. Used to use it a bit a while ago; I prefer PS to GIMP, just find it easier to use.

Funny enough I do a lot of basic work in Paint.NET. It’s a surprisingly versatile program so long as you don’t want to do anything complex. Most of my images use a combination of that and GIMP.

Kelemelan
                    Participant

[quote=”Kelemelan” post=2616]I’m pretty sure It’s all about what you’re used to. ;)[/quote]

😛 ^_^

sorry for saying the opposite thing, but its free.

How To Download Adobe Photoshop CS2 For Free Legally

i downloaded, and i recived a serial number. it can’t be updated, but still, its good!

Yeah, gimp is also fine, however somewhy the PC version was never so popular as Linux version, i used it because it had some useful feature.
                      Tell the truth, i love mixing the programs, usualy i use at least 3-4 program for making an artwork

Kelemelan
                      Participant

Hey, no matter the tool, as long as it works for you. 🙂

If someone is able to draw the ceiling of the sistine chapel with basic paint than he or she’s got the right tool 😉 😛

I’m not gonna argue 😛

its strange, but i write and paint different way (more ugly, more pretty) with different tools. even with different ballpoint pens, different brushes, etc. it count a few %.
                        (true, when i got better with pencils, i had been better with pens, but never will be same)
                        this is my pov 🙂
                        btw i hated photoshop.. because my computer was bad, and .. dont know. probably just could not use it (the corel painter was far more closer to traditional stuffs.. but have some features, what i need, and because its unbeatable. BUT i never could represent the corel’s Felt tip pen, or making lineart in SAI much more easy, and when you scribbling, or brainstorming the Mischief the BEST. so. Dunno.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.