Forums ePic Character Generator Technical Discussion Suggestions, Ideas additional weapon choices for muscular male?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Alassirana
    Participant

I know that there’s one weapon in particular I’d love to use for some of these (I use them as a reference for myself for stories I write). It would be a Greatsword, which is essentially a claymore or otherwise very long and slightly broader than a normal sword blade. The blade itself is clearly a 2 handed sword, and having a nice one would look very good for my heavily muscled knights. Could we get one of these at some point?

DrayGon
      Participant

While I’m all for adding 2 handed weapons, how will you know it’s a two-hander? With the program as it is now, I don’t see them being held in more than one hand. *shrugs*

Maybe they could be a back item, or something? I mean, two handed weapons are probably heavy to carry around in the hands all the time and it might make sense for them to be sheathed when you aren’t currently fighting something.

greg
        Participant

We’ve got this baddy in Barbarian, which has a two-handed hilt, but cannot help with the blade / name:

And this one is in the Muscular Supernatural, which is a “broad” sword:

And I don’t know, if this one from the Muscular Demo is wide enough to make the distinction from longsword to claymore:

longsword_logo.png

Kelemelan
          Participant

Indeed, there are thousands of different types of weapons, and I was only thinking about medieval and real stuff while typing that.

You can add a few zeros if you count modern and sci-fi weapons 😛 😉
            Tough to ask for them all.

Sade’s offer was to design one specific piece of equipment if you win a forum contest or depending on her time (check message #1479).

That may be your way out if you want a specific sword design for your character, like a Greatsword. 🙂

DrayGon
            Participant

While we are on the subject of weapons for muscular males, I’m hoping that there’ll be a greataxe (or other equivalent) added at some point. How can you have a stereotypical minotaur without one? XD

greg
              Participant

This is one part of the problem with themed packages.
                We didn’t want to duplicate.

Barbarian has both of the two headed axes.
                And I think they don’t come greater than this one.

Edit: actually, barbarian has 3, one in the right hang and 2 for the left.

Kelemelan
                Participant

I support that.

So far, I tested the barbarian package and the end result worked just fine. Now, If I ever GM fantasy, it’s gonna be hardcore sword & sorcery without elves or dwarves and very little very dangerous backfiring sorcery so I definitely don’t need minotaurs, indeed. 😉 😛

DrayGon
                  Participant

Ah! I don’t have that pack yet. Guess I’ll have to snag that next.

Yeah, I understand the reluctance to duplicate stuff in another package. When you buy a package, you want to make sure you’re getting all new stuff. I wouldn’t want it any other way. It might have been nice to have it in the default demo package, but it’s also hard to think that far ahead when you are first creating a product. While I’m a little saddened by this, I already had plans to eventually get all the packages for more variety anyways, so no real harm was done. I just will have to wait till I have the funds to get the packages. XD

Blue-Stardust
                    Participant

If halberd isn’t already included, I’d suggest that. But I don’t have any of the muscular packages yet, aside from the demo. Got a Murkling character with a muscular tall build I wanna create. I will eventually get all the packs though. 😉

Kelemelan
                      Participant

It’s in the Barbarian pack.

PoleArm.jpg

However, beware. Since the character’s posture doesn’t change, all the big (read HUGE in some cases) weapons available in the barbarian and supernatural muscular package tend to be as big or even bigger than your character, and they can be in the way of the pic being taken correctly. 😉 B)

You know: unrealistic fantasy weapons (or just big, like pole arms) and perspective issues… 🙂

I underdstand why it’s been done, no complaint. But there are very few (read 1, this halberd) which can be placed in the back, all other big weapons are held and the very big ones tend to hide the character, use your imagination. 😉 😛

Blue-Stardust
                        Participant

The barbarian pack (as well as pretty much all the ones I don’t have) is on my list of packages to buy, but at a later time. Still playing around with the Sorceress and Female Drow Caster packs. :cheer: But glad there’s a halberd option there.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.