Forums ePic Character Generator Technical Discussion Bug Report a few technical issues – SOLVED

• This topic has 20 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by sade.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    FreedomDylan
    Participant

:unsure: Hey everyone!

Having a few other technical issues with the program here…

1) Once in fullscreen mode having trouble getting back to window mode…even after restarting my computer.

2) Unable to save anything {look, I know that I haven’t bought any packs yet but…}.

Get back to me on this please,
      Thanks!
      Dylan

LBandy
      Keymaster

You can toggle between full screen and bordered mode by pressing alt+enter.

What happens when you try pressing Save or Export in the settings menu? There was an issue recently on another user’s PC, and it turned out he tried to save to the Desktop, which required the program to be run in Admin mode. Try saving to a location which should be writable by the program at any time, usually other than the system drive. I’ll add some error messaging to this in the next patch though.

FreedomDylan
        Participant

:unsure: Hey there!

This is the character that I was trying to save:

I had to create a jpg screenshot to save it. When I go to Settings I get this:

Does anyone know what is going on??

Get back to me,
          Thank you!
          Dylan :unsure:

Attachments:
          LBandy
          Keymaster

Don’t worry about the image change when you enter the Settings menu, it just shows the cover of the currently selected pack (will make more sense when you own more packs), it will save your character regardless. Export saves as a png, while Save will create a file you can Load and edit later. But this is explained in the tutorial, and that’s why it is mandatory, too bad someone didn’t pay attention to it. 😉

FreedomDylan
            Participant

🙂 Heya Bandy!

Ok. The issue though is this:

Whenever I hit “Settings” it returns to the image that I made with the tutorial. And I’m sitting there going “what the bleep?”…

Get back to me please,
              Thankyou!
              Dylan 🙂

LBandy
              Keymaster

Nope, it’s just the image of the Demo pack, which you have selected on the right side. If you export the image you will have the character you had in the editor.

FreedomDylan
                Participant

:dry: Hey there Bandy-

I get that. The “what the bleep” is because I seem to only get the “save” option when I switch the tutorial demo. So I’m confused.

Get back to me please,
                  Thankd!
                  Dylan

PS: Bandy? Since you are an admin could you do me a favor?? Pleas find out if it would be ok for me to write my posts in color. Asking because I have a sight impairment… Thanks! :dry:

LBandy
                  Keymaster

I’m not sure I understand what the issue is to be honest. Are you trying to save your character as a PNG image? Have you tried pressing Export and were you able to see the file in a file explorer after saving? Were you able to open it, and was it different from what you’ve made in the editor?

If you hit “Reply” instead of “Quick Reply”, or use the “Go to editor” button here you should be taken to a more advanced text editing interface, where you can change the color of your posts.

i am more visual, can you send a screenshot?
                    Just click to SETTING and EXPORT (right down)
                    thank you 🙂
                    sade

FreedomDylan
                    Participant

Sade-

Could be an issue of not having enough content yet. But basically the only file that will save is the demo from the tutorial. Have to wait on a screenshot. The screenshot program on my computer is acting up.

Thanks!
                      Dylan 🙂

LBandy
                      Keymaster

Could you create a character, click Export and upload the file here which has been saved?

kalnaren
                        Participant

1. You make character. Click ‘Settings’ to save or export:

2. Click ‘Save’ to save your char, or ‘Export’ to dump out the png image.

Kelemelan
                          Participant

Did you get the hang of it, Dylan ? 🙂

FreedomDylan
                            Participant

:dry: Hey everybody!

Still having problems saving my work. Even with a brand new pack. When I click settings it still takes me back to the demo page. Basically it seems like the “save” option isn’t working right. Any thoughts??

Get back to me on this please,
                              Thanks so much!
                              Dylan :dry:

greg
                              Participant

Please make a screenshot when you are in settings.

There is no demo page. In Settings you should see on left hand side the preview image of the pack you first selected from the category, and on the right hand side the packs you can select from.
                                What happens when you push Export?

If you haven’t changed it, the picture should be save in the directory where ePic was installed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.