Forums ePic Character Generator Technical Discussion Bug Report Solved Bugs Unable to download packages – Solved

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Night Sage
    Participant

I bought the Human Bundle, Elf Bundle, and May’s Special Bundle.

The application tries to download the packages, but gets stuck. Eventually it tells me that I have to download the package manually. So I go to download the package. It gets so far, before it hangs up on me.

So I tried telling it to save it to a location so I would have to run it manually after download.

It gets so far, before it tells me “ePic_Character_Generator_Human_Female.exe is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer. I tell it to run anyway and I get “Installer Integrity check has failed. Common Causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer’s author for a new copy.”

Well, thinking it might be my antivirus getting in the way, I completely disabled it, and tried again. I still get the same issue. So I tried restarting my computer, after getting my antivirus re-enabled, to see if that will help. This time I watched it closely, and I know for a fact that it gets to 8% on the download, before popping up with everything before.

I believe it managed to download the Human Male, files just fine, but for some reason, it hangs up on Human Female.

LBandy
      Keymaster

Hi Night Sage,

I’m sorry to hear you are having issues. If the program fails to download the packages the manual install should work, and seeing such error message indicates that there was an error during the download. Would you mind redownloading and installing the packages manually? You can find the download links in the confirmation e-mail you’ve received after the purchase.

Please let me know if it fixes your issues.

Regards,
        Andras

Night Sage
        Participant

I have tried 3 different web browsers, and 3 different computers. None of which is allowing me to download the files.

Night Sage
          Participant

Hmm… it seems that it was a mere hiccup in the connection. tried it this morning, and it’s downloading fine. I, personally, hate it when such a thing happens.

Thank you for your help, and your patience.

LBandy
            Keymaster

I’m happy to hear that! Let us know if you need anything in the future.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.