Forums ePic Character Generator Chit Chat General Chit Chat Question about free packs

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sojournstar
    Participant

When you click the button above that says PROFILE, you get a screen that says this:

Complete the tasks below to get a free pack of your choice as a reward for each of them!

and in the first box you see this:

[color=red]Link your Steam account
      Login to your account in the Steam version without using Steam Auth.[/color]

I have signed, up, tried to log in through the link in the sentence above (Steam version) and I still don’t see how to “Link” the 2 accounts….

Do I actually have to download something to do this, because this is actually a shared pc, and I am already pushing it having installed ePic….

Thanks for any responses

LBandy
      Keymaster

Currently the only way to link accounts is logging in on the given platform using the login details of the standalone version. In order to do this you’ll need to install the Steal client, launch ePic Character Generator from your Steam library, and once you’ve completed the Tutorial click Logout, then enter the username+password you use on our site and untick Steam Auth. Once you hit Login the software will download your owned packages and from now on all your purchased packs, either bought here or on Steam will be available in both versions – and you’ll also get a free pack.

sojournstar
        Participant

TY
          Can you tell me how large Steam is, meaning how much space it takes up on a pc…
          Also is the install as easy as ePic was, or is it more cumbersome as far as installations go…

Thanks for always answering my questions all of you!!

LBandy
          Keymaster

I’m not sure how big Steam is as mine is a few years old, but I guess it shouldn’t take up more space than a few hunder megabytes max. It’s actually quite easy to install programs there, you just search for ePic Character Generator in the client, click Install, and once the download finished click Play. It will be in the Library dropdown under Softwares.

Bazerk
            Participant

But how do you link google play?

LBandy
              Keymaster

You basically do the same as on Steam, except that you need to use “Google Auth” and select a Google account from the popup list first. When you start the software it usually auto logs you in either in your Google account or the tutorial account which is the default fallback one. You can verify that you’re using your Google account by hitting “Logout” in the main menu, then tick “Google Auth” on the login screen and hit the “Login” button. If you haven’t already authorized your Google account a box will appear where you can select the account you want to use for the login. We won’t be accessing any data available in your Google account, only use the unique id generated by the platform. Once you logged in using Google Auth you can hit “Logout” again, untick “Google Auth” and enter your username and password you used when registering on this site. When you are logged in your accounts will be linked and will be rewarded a free pack you can exchange on your Profile page. Also from now on any purchase you make either on our site or on Google Play will be registered to the same account and will be available on any platform you’re running the program. I hope this helps, please let me know if you still need help with anything else.

Kelemelan
                Participant

Sojourstar, Steam’s size may not be such an issue since it is doubtful you’ll need several versions of ePic on the same computer.

Therefore once you’ve seen the Steam version in action, you can decide if you want to keep using this ePic (and uninstall the standard one) or on the other hand uninstall it and revert to your usual non-Steam ePic. 🙂

Should save some space.

Kelemelan
                  Participant

And I just answered an 11 months old question…

Just don’t mind me…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.