Forums ePic Character Generator Technical Discussion Bug Report epic character generator failed to initialise the renderer

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Majestik
    Participant

updated the old xp machine to run windows 7 pro. and when I downloaded epic, it installed fine but then upon running, I get the error message ” failed to initialise the renderer, contact support”.
      is there anything I can do? I don’t have a windows 10 machine yet, so relying on old stuff at the moment… :/

LBandy
      Keymaster

Hi Majestik,

Sorry to hear you are having issues. This message is displayed when hardware acceleration is not available on your video card. Since you successfully ran the program on Windows XP you should be able to do so on Windows 7 too, just make sure you install the correct video card drivers. We also rely on DirectX for rendering, so you might want to check if you have that installed (typing in “dxdiag” in cmd should open a window telling your DriectX version and other hardware info).

Please let us know if you need anymore help with this, or if the above didn’t work. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.