Forums ePic Character Generator Chit Chat General feedback Suggestions & Ideas Reply To: Suggestions & Ideas

LBandy
Keymaster

Hi Doug,

Thank you very much for your feedback and suggestions, I’m happy to hear you like the software so far!

1: Season #1 and #2 are all 3D models with rendered textures and are heavily post-worked so they look as they do. We tried to achieve a certain level of reality that isn’t available at any other 2D character generators, but making them photorealistic is a whole different topic. In Season #3, some packs were made using photo bashing techniques, so they might better suit your needs. 🙂 If we added photorealistic items or backgrounds or clothes, they’d diverge too much from the current character styles, you won’t be able to use them. So on this front, if we were to explore this direction more, I’m confident they would come as new packs.

2: Multi-color items came up a lot as a suggestion in the past, and could be something we’ll look into in future packages. If we were to develop it, I don’t think we’ll be able to add it to older packages though, since at this stage, we only have the exported images, and without having the original geometry, it would be a tremendous effort to tag different parts of the images for separate coloring. However, if you own the PSD Exporter pack, you can export items in separate layers and can customize them in any way you want, adding multiple colors should not be an issue there.

3: This pretty much goes hand in hand with the first topic, when creating the items and backgrounds, we aimed to provide a tool that can produce good quality images in an easy way, where the images look good as they come out. If we added too many customization options for contrast or brightness, for example, it could very easily be a case where you unintentionally mess up the image and will have subpar results. This can also be something you can further customize by exporting the characters in PSD and fine-tune these details in either GIMP or Photoshop.

4: We have this implemented and already experimented with the Season #2: Throne packages – they have multiple hand positions. For future packs, we also plan on expanding this idea and provide even more variety.

I hope this helps, but please feel free to share additional ideas if you have more. 🙂